Thursday 17 July 2014

Mini Makeup Haul

Mini Makeup Haul (featuring my real technique brushes and bird cage lamp because why not use something pretty?)

Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Gel Eye Liner seen here
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer seen here
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara seen here
Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil seen here
Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder seen here
Collection Shimmer Shades Blush seen here


I recently realised it was time for me to update my drug store makeup staples for summer, and so off I went to boots, to spend a little more than I was hoping (but it as totally worth it!)

I think that it's safe to say there is a bit of an on-going theme of Collection makeup here (does three count as a theme?) but I think that this brand is just SUCH good value for money! My concealer is in the shade 1 (fair) which is slightly too light for my skin tine- I know we all like to brighten our under eyes but this is slightly too far!! And my powder is in shade 2 (medium) which fits perfectly with my skin. I use these two products now practically everyday, and they are especially good for when I only want to wear a bare minimum of makeup.I am also really enjoyin using the shimmer shades which I got in the shade 'Blushalicious'-I think I may be in love with the name just as much as the colour. It creates such a shimmery, pretty glow on my cheeks which is just perfect for summertime!

Now, if you do not have a Maybelline Falsies mascara in your makeup bag, then I'm sorry but you are doing it wrong! I just LOVE this mascara so much, it makes such a difference to my lashes and really gives the impression of falsies. All I can say is a huge thank you to Tanya Burr for introducing this to me through her own blog and videos!

My own eyebrows are rather thick, bushy, and unevenly shaped (I often have to remind myself eyebrows are sisters not twins!) however it does make it super hard for my to shape and make look semi-acceptable. When I saw Zoella use her Soap and Glory Archery pencil, I thought that it would be a great help for my- who has little experience with eyebrow shaping. Zoellawas so right, this product is perfect for if you just want to slightly fill in your eyebrows, or change the shape of them altogether! After a little practice, I found that it is definitely an easy product to use. 

I am totally a girl for gel/felt tip liners rather than pencil, however I always find they dry up way too soon. (My last one didn't even make it through a week!!) So when I saw this product I though I'd have to give it a try. I have to admit, the brush that comes with this product is not altogether great, and went hard very quickly, making it hard to make a precise line. Instead, I purchased the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush, and I'm so glad I did. These two products work perfectly together, and make it super easy to get that elegant cat eye flick which we all so deeply desire!

Overall I think these products were quite successful, and certainly do the job well without having to spend too much money!



What are your drug store summer staples this year?

x Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment